
O αξιότιμος κύριος Mickey Pantelous, νόθο τέκνο του Tom Waits.
Και το τραγούδι του, 'Ester', μεγάλο σουξέ χθες στο Καφέ Αλάβαστρον.
There is a girl that lives next door to me
She’s in a funny situation
She often comes and visits me
For wine and conversation
You see it’s hard to go it alone
When you’ve been driven away from home
It ain’t cause they don’t want you around
It’s that they always seem to put you down
So you decide it’s time to leave, and you buckle up and go
And what you destination is, you don’t have to know
‘Cause right around the corner, one hundred miles from your last order
Is this house that looks so nice, except of course the webs and mice
But with a little accommodation, that would help ease the frustration
It turns into a lovely home, one that you ca call your own.
And the neighbors they are kind, they’re kind of old
And in the wintertime, the house gets kind of cold
You see it’s hard to go it alone
When you’ve been driven away from home
Thank God I’m not alone, thank God I’m not alone.
There is a girl that lives next door to me
She’s in a funny situation
She often comes and visits me
For wine and conversation
Sometimes we’ll be playing cards, if she don’t want to talk
And if the weather is nice, we’ll go out for a walk
And if it gets real cold, she might even stay the night
We’ll keep each other warm, we’ll hold each other tight
Poor thing, oh poor thing, what a shame and crime
Ain’t life a bitch sometimes.
It’s hard to go it alone
When you’ve been driven away from home
Thank God I’m not alone, thank God I’m not alone.
I got this girl that lives next door to me
But she’s in a funny situation
She doesn’t really exist
She’s a figment of my imagination…
Σχόλια